About Charles Franco, MDmale
Dr. Charles Franco is a trusted general surgeon serving Monroe and New Brunswick, NJ, and its surrounding communities.
Dr. Franco received his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry-New Jersey Medical School (UMDNJ). He then completed his residency in general surgery at UMDNJ, as well as a research fellowship in vascular surgery. Dr. Franco also completed a fellowship in vascular surgery at Montefiore Medical Center, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Dr. Franco is a practicing physician with Saint Peter’s Physician Associates. In addition to seeing patients in his Monroe office, he serves as the medical director of The Wound Care Center® and Hyperbaric Services at Saint Peter’s University Hospital.
Dr. Franco is board certified in general surgery with a subspecialty in general vascular surgery by the American Board of Surgery. He is a member of the American Medical Association, the American College of Surgeons, the Vascular Surgery Society of New Jersey and the Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society.
Highly skilled in robotic surgery, Dr. Franco is constantly expanding his knowledge on the latest procedures and treatments available to his patients. He is interested in helping patients clinically manage the diseases that are affecting them and takes the time to understand all of their concerns.
Dr. Franco has surgical interests in:
- General & Laparoscopic Surgery with the clinical management of intra-abdominal diseases of the gallbladder, colon, spleen, stomach, intestines and appendix
- Robotic Surgery including single-site robotic, laparoscopic-assisted cholecystectomies, inguinal, umbilical and ventral hernia repairs
- Endocrine System Surgery with the clinical management of diseases affecting the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal glands and pancreas
- Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Procedures with the clinical management of atherosclerotic vascular disease, aortic aneurysms and carotid artery disease
- American Board of Surgery
- General Vascular Surgery (Subspecialty Board)
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Vascular Surgery Society of New Jersey
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society
- Specialty: General/Vascular Surgery
- Specialty2: Surgery
- Specialty3: Vascular Surgery
- Education: University of Medicine and Dentistry-New Jersey Medical School
- Residency: UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School
- Fellowship: UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School
- Fellowship2: Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine