About James E. Gervasoni, Jr., PhD, MDmale
Dr. James Gervasoni is a diligent and reputable caring surgeon for the Somerset, NJ community. He attended Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, where he earned his medical degree. He completed both his internship and residency in surgery at Saint Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center. He then completed a fellowship in surgical oncology at Boston University.
Dr. Gervasoni is a part of Saint Peter’s Healthcare System-Depart. of Surgery. He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Gervasoni is a member of the New York Academy of Sciences and the American Association for Cancer Research.
Dr. Gervasoni is sensitive to the uniqueness of each patient’s situation and adapts his consultations and treatment options appropriately to accommodate individual needs and concerns.
- American Board of Surgery
Awards and Publications
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year Seton Hall University Surgical Residency Program 2004
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year Seton Hall University Surgical Residency Program 2005
- New Jersey Monthly Top Doctors 2012
1. Gervasoni Jr JE, Verzeridi MP, Hindenburg AA, Schulze, S., Wanebo HJ, Mejta S. An effective antitumor response against human pancreatic carcinoma with paclitaxel and daunorubicin by induction of both necrosis and apoptosis. Anticancer Res. 24 (5A):2617-2626, 2004.
2. Gervasoni Jr JE, Sbayi S, Cady B. The role of lymphadenectomy in the surgical treatment of solid tumors. An update on the clinical data. Ann Surg Oncol. 14(9): 2443-2462, 2007.
3. Theodoropoulos I, Feo L, Franco C, Kastuar S, Gervasoni, Jr. JE. Pancreaticoduodenectomy for Pancreatic Carcinoma after Complicated Open Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery: An Alternative Approach to the Reconstruction. Surg Obes Relat Dis. Sep;8(5):648-650. 2012.
- Specialty: Hepatobiliary
- Specialty2: Surgery
- Specialty3: Surgical Oncology
- Education: Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine
- Residency: St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center University Hospital
- Fellowship: Boston University/Roger Williams Medical Center
- Fellowship2: College of Physicians and Surgeons Columbia University