About Rose Mustafa, MD
A skilled breast surgeon, Dr. Rose Mustafa caters to the surgical needs of the women of New Brunswick and Piscataway, NJ. She sees patients at Saint Peter’s and spends time with them to explain to them their condition and provides suitable options available before moving on to surgery. An experienced provider, she is a recipient of several awards and honors and is an esteemed member of the American College of Surgeons, the American Medical Women’s Association, and the American Society of Breast Surgeons.
Dr. Mustafa’s eye for detail and expertise with the surgical blade are renowned. Constantly up-to-date on the most progressive techniques available, she goes all out to ensure her patients feel their best and is accessible to them throughout their recuperation period. Her practical experience and steady hand with the scalpel, accompanied with her dedication as a doctor, contribute to her popularity among patients and members of her medical team.
Dr. Mustafa attended medical school at the Ross University School of Medicine and then went on to pursue her residencies in general surgery at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Montefiore Medical Center. She is also fellowship-trained in breast surgical oncology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
- American Board of Surgery (Board Eligible)
- Evaluating the Upstaging Risk of HER2 Positive DCIS to Invasive Cancer: A Matched Cohort. Mustafa RE, Oct 2017 Annals of Surgical Oncology
- Appendectomy during Pregnancy: Follow up of Progeny.Choi JJ, Mustafa R, Lynn E.T, Divino CM. Accepted for E-publication Aug 2011 Journal of the American College of Surgeons.
Honors & Awards
- 2016 Research Day Finalist, Oral presentation, Montefiore Medical Center Annual Research Day
- 2015 Research Day Finalist, Oral presentation, Montefiore Medical Center Annual Research Day
- 2009 Ross University School of Medicine – Graduating Scholar High Honor Roll
- 2004 Phi Sigma Omicron Academic Honor Society
- 2002 Phi Sigma Epsilon International Medical Fraternity-New York; Sigma class-President
- Specialty: Breast
- Specialty2: Breast Health
- Specialty3: Breast Surgeon
- Specialty4: Surgery
- Specialty5: Women's Health
- Education: Binghamton University
- Residency: Mount Sinai School of Medicine- General Surgery
- Residency2: Montefiore Medical Center-Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Fellowship: Drexel University School of Medicine- Surgery Research
- Fellowship2: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania- Breast Surgery Oncology