About Sugirdhana Velpari, MDmale
Sugirdhana Velpari, MD is a graduate of Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia. He completed both his internal medicine residency as well as his gastroenterology and hepatology fellowship at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He treats all aspects of gastroenterology and hepatology including but not limited to colon cancer prevention, gastro-esophageal reflux disease, motility disorders, celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and functional bowel disorders. He is a member of the American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society, American College of Gastroenterology and American Gastroenterology Association.
- Elfituri O, Velpari S, Guzman G, The long and short of pinning tubular adenoma, Human Pathology: Case Reports, 9 (2017): 13-14.
- Boulay BR, Gaspar J, Velpari S, Baig A, Tu1453 Cap-Assisted Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR-C for Large Colonic Sessile Polyps and Lateral Spreading Tumors), Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Volume 79, Issue 5, AB545.
- E. Mochan, DO, PhD, K. Maquire, MS, L. DiRosa, MS, BS, P. Montemuro, S. Velpari, BS. Utilizing the AOA Clinical Assessment Program (CAP) to Examine the Delivery Effectiveness of Diabetic Care in Suburban and Urban Clinical Practices: A Pilot Study. Journal of the American Osteopathic Association. 2006 Aug; 106(8): 487-488.
- Specialty: Gastroenterologist
- Specialty2: Gastroenterology
- Education: Drexel University College of Medicine
- Residency: University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System
- Fellowship: University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System