About Vikram Sathyendra, MD
Dr. Vikram Sathyendra is an alumnus of Temple University, where he received his medical degree. Dr. Sathyendra went on to complete his residency in orthopedic surgery at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, following which, he completed a fellowship in shoulder and elbow surgery at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital. He currently works at Saint Peter’s Physician Associates at Orthopaedic Center of New Jersey in Somerset, NJ.
An adept orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Sathyendra is a member of the Orthopaedic Research Society and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is also certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He believes in caring for his patients and addressing all their medical concerns. He provides patients with all the necessary information to make informed decisions about their treatment.
Patients trust Dr. Sathyendra’s expertise because he consistently provides high-quality care that leads to positive and lasting health outcomes. A personalized plan is developed for every patient so that they receive special care at every stage of the procedure.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Awards and Publications
- Winner Roger H. Michael Research Award (Union Memorial Hospital –Fellows) in 2014
- Winner of Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society Resident/Fellow award in 2012
- Participant in AOA Resident Leadership Conference in 2012
- Gallo RA, Sathyendra V, Sharkey NA, Lewis GS. “Femoral fixation strength following soft-tissue posterolateral corner reconstruction using fibular-based technique: Biomechanical analysis of four techniques in normal and low-density synthetic bone.” Knee. 2015 Jul 30. pii: S0968-0160(15)00150-7.
- Sathyendra V, Donahue HJ, Vrana KE, Berg A, Fryzel D, Gandhi J, Reid JS. “Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in Osteogenic Genes in Atrophic Delayed Fracture-Healing: A Preliminary Investigation.” J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014 Aug 6;96(15):1242-1248.
- Specialty: Orthopedics
- Education: Temple University, Doctor of Medicine
- Residency: Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship: MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow