The staff of Saint Peter’s Physician Associates, an affiliated practice of the Saint Peter’s Healthcare System, provides diagnosis and treatment for heart and vascular health, venous disease, and diabetes. The facility provides wellness services, including nutritional counseling, a gym and private studios for fitness programs.
An outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation program helps patients with cardiovascular disease get back to an active lifestyle and prevent rehospitalizations. Cardiac Rehabilitation therapy includes supervised exercise and risk-reduction counseling tailored to the specific needs of each patient. It is a medically supervised program designed to help patients recover from recent cardiovascular events such as a heart attack, coronary stenting, and bypass surgery. Patients who have been diagnosed with chronic congestive heart failure are also eligible for cardiac rehab.
The Saint Peter’s cardiology staff is dedicated to:
- The management and treatment of cardiovascular disorder
- The treatment of diabetes and obesity in cardiovascular patients
- Stress reduction and weight reduction services provided by a nutritionist and exercise instructors
- The treatment of venous diseases such as varicose veins
- Diagnostic tests such as nuclear stress tests and procedures to treat conditions such as chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)
- Cardiac rehabilitation