About Douglas Frenia, MDmale
Dr. Douglas Frenia is a caring and concerned pulmonologist, sleep medicine specialist, and critical care specialist serving the communities of New Brunswick and Monroe, NJ. Dr. Frenia attended the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, where he received his medical degree, and completed his residency and internship in internal medicine at the University of California, Davis, David Grant Medical Center, Travis. He also completed his fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at National Capital Consortium, Walter Reed Army Medical Center. He also completed a fellowship in sleep medicine at Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio.
Dr. Frenia is a part of Saint Peter’s Healthcare. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in critical care medicine, pulmonary disease, and sleep medicine. He is also a member of the American Thoracic Society, the Golden Key National Honor Society, the Rho Chi Society, and the American College of Chest Physicians. Dr. Frenia’s medical experience is vast and impressive. His areas of special interest include pulmonary and critical care ultrasound, lung cancer diagnosis, endobronchial ultrasound, and electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy.
Dr. Frenia is committed to helping his patients enjoy a healthier lifestyle. He works with each one to discuss ways they can make better choices for their health.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- Pulmonary Disease (Internal Medicine)
- Sleep Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Awards and Publications
- Uniformed Services University Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence
- Army Commendation Medal
- Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Specialty: Critical Care
- Specialty2: Pulmonary
- Specialty3: Pulmonologist
- Specialty4: Sleep Medicine
- Education: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Internship: University of California, Davis, David Grant Medical Center
- Residency: University of California, Davis, David Grant Medical Center
- Fellowship: Wilford Hall Medical Center
- Fellowship2: National Capital Consortium, Walter Reed Army Medical Center